Designer / Stylist
Jacques Müller is a self-taught artist who sought creative expression since early childhood. He holds a Diploma in Interior Design from Russel Road College in Port Elizabeth where he was exposed to a range of artists and explored mediums which aided the refinement of his personal style and techniques.
Commissioned by Doves Funeral Home to re-design and implement interiors on a national basis as part of their new corporate identity, he also created individual artworks for each branch. This opened the doors for similar creative projects such as designing/creating personalised art for numerous clients and partaking in local, high profile exhibitions in Nieu-Bethesda and Graaff-Reinet.
Recently announced winner of Tuis Magazine’s “Fix it with Flair” competition and participant in the “1-2-3 Fix-it” TV series to be featured on VIA, he looks forward to new projects in the industry.
Jacques Müller currently resides in Nieu-Bethesda in the Eastern Cape and co-owns Die Waenhuis, a wedding & function venue in the village.
Jacques Müller │ PROJECT PORTFOLIO
FILM & BROADCAST
- Participant in “1-2-3 Fix it” TV series to air on channel VIA at the end of Feb 2019
- Design, Decor and Coordination of Bright Rock Elite 10 Function in Graaff-Reinet (2017)
- Wedding Design & Coordination at Die Waenhuis (since 2014)
- Local Design & Karoo Home Renovations (since 2007)
- Product Development for Woolworths
- Design & Implementation of 7 x Foyers for NMMU Port Elizabeth
- Set Design for numerous Theatre productions
QUALIFICATION & BACKGROUND
- National N6 Certificate in Interior Design – Port Elizabeth College – 2002 – 2006
- National Certificate in Design Foundation NQF Level 4 – Port Elizabeth College – 2004
- National Certificate in SESD New Venture Creation – Port Elizabeth College – 2008
- Lecturer at Port Elizabeth College from January 2007 to November 2007
- Subjects include Art of Drawing, Upholstery Theory and Practical en Introduction to Interior. (N4-N6)
- Winner of Tuis Magazine’s “Fix it with Flair” Home Renovation Competition 2017